Tuesday 25 May 2010

British Country Side in Oils



I am blogging after a long time. This month I wanted to share about the fantastic painting lesson I had with Artist Michael Munton. He has loads of painting tuition uploaded on Youtube and thats how I accidentally came across the man.His choice of subject and colours is simply excellent!. I had the privilege of learning and being inspired.Besides that I came back with many tips and ideas.
He uses the wet on wet technique in painting British country side...which I enjoy!!
Here in this painting Black Jesso is used to shape out the trees and the river and the landscape.The stone are painted in with white and brown acrylics and dried before you head for the liquid white coat.Then you go for the colours in the sky and foliage.
I enjoyed doing this one !






No comments:

Post a Comment