Sunday 11 April 2010

Enchanted Forest



Hey ! My name is Ann,and this is my first blog....and blog it is to catalogue my journey with the paintbrush! I love colour, art and craft. Hopefully I will be able to perfect and in turn share what I learn. I hope to be able to draw and paint in Oil,Acrylic,pastels and sketch some day.For now I am going to camp with oil paints.

I stumbled upon Bob Ross shows on TV...I was simply amazed how he taught and what amazing results came up in just 30 minutes of the show.

I think the wet on wet on technique is a wonderful technique to know and have under your belt.For the moment I have started to learn about this technique and hope to complete many projects in mind.

For my very first post I would like to share one of my favourite paintings that I completed.


This a beautiful forest scene.The Layering of distant trees gives wonderful depth to the painting.I enjoyed doing this one!If you have seen Bob ross's shows he uses an acrylic medium called Jesso,where most of the dark areas and the first layer of far away trees where indicated, after that is dry different tones of the alizarin based brown oil paints are used.

And Yes he has done this one on his show.I admire many of the forest paintings He has done...
One day I hope I can do my own masterpieces as well!
The technique is simple and effective.























No comments:

Post a Comment